Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility







Hockey SA carries insurance policies with Honan insurers along with the other state/territory hockey associations and Hockey Australia. Further details of these policies and what you may be eligible for are available on the Honan website that was established for hockey which you can look at by clicking here.

Additionally, the Hockey SA CEO may be contacted for insurance queries.


Making a Claim

Personal Injury Insurance Claim Form

How to make a claim, including a link to the claim form


Personal Accident

Hockey SA has a ‘Personal Accident’ insurance policy that insures registered members and non-participating officials including coaches, referees, voluntary workers including co-opted voluntary workers, club committee members, office bearers, medical officers and prospective members.

This policy provides several types of benefits

  • Capital benefits – a payout, for instance, after loss of sight in an eye
  • Non-medicare medical expenses – 75% reimbursement up to $3,500 limit with $100 excess
  • Loss of income benefits associated with Temporary Disablement

The insured persons are all employees, staff, registered participating and non-participating members, officials, volunteers, club committees, office bearers, medical officers, coaches, referees and prospective members for up to four (4) weeks after initial approach.

If you think you might be eligible to make a claim, then further detailed information including claim forms are available from the Honan website.


Affiliated Clubs and Associations

Clubs and associations that are affiliated directly or indirectly with Hockey SA are insured under the Honan insurance policy for Public & Products Liability. This provides the following cover:

  • General and Products Liability $20,000,000
  • Directors and Officers $3,000,000


There are occasionally times where clubs/associations need to produce a Certificate of Currency. Honan has an online service where it is possible to search for and download an individual club/association Certificate of Currency below



More Information

Individuals, teams and clubs are able to upgrade the level of cover that applies to them under the umbrella policy that Hockey SA shares with Hockey Australia and the other state/territory hockey associations.

This is optional and details on how to do this can be found at the link below. Additional costs apply when upgrading cover which should be considered by individuals, teams and clubs before doing so.




Hockey SA has a ‘Travel’ insurance policy that includes coverage for SA/state Hockey Teams where Hockey SA has approved travel prior to the commencement of the journey. Amongst other things, this policy includes Rental Vehicle Excess Waiver, and thus, Hockey SA does not take out the additional excess reduction offered by many car rental companies.


Frequently Asked Questions


More details

Contact details for Honan are shown below:

Honan Sport - Melbourne
Phone: +61 03 9947 4343